Windows Thunderbolt

Devonc22

Beta member
I recently bought an hp pavilion x360 2 in 1 14” intel core i3 from bust buy. Now I only bought the laptop so I can plug in my thunderbolt interface. On the laptop the usbc port displays a thunderbolt sign so it should work right? but when trying to connect my Interface a notification pops up saying “thunderbolt functionality may be limited”. I see the Apollo solo(interface) pop up on the device and printers section so that tells me it work but can’t be read cause of the thunderbolt issue. I’ve been driving myself mad trying to solve this issue. Any help !??

1. Make sure Windows is up to date: A 64-bit edition of Windows 10 with Anniversary Update (version 1607 or higher) is required for Thunderbolt compatibility with Universal Audio products. We recommend making sure that the latest Windows 10 updates for your system are installed to avoid problems with performance and compatibility. You can manually check for updates in Windows 10 by going to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check For Updates.

3. Make sure Thunderbolt is enabled in BIOS: Certain PC systems require that you manually enable Thunderbolt in the BIOS before any Thunderbolt 3 hardware can be used. The steps for entering the BIOS and changing this setting will vary depending on the computer/motherboard manufacturer and the BIOS version. We recommend consulting your computer/motherboard manual or contacting your computer/motherboard manufacturer for help making any changes in the BIOS.
In some cases, a BIOS update is required to enable Thunderbolt functionality before Thunderbolt 3 hardware can be used. BIOS updates can typically be found on the computer/motherboard manufacturer's website by following the directions in step 2 above and going to the "BIOS" category on the downloads page. However, if you have any doubts about the process of updating your BIOS then we strongly recommend contacting your computer/motherboard manufacturer for assistance.

This May Work,
Peter

Back
Top Bottom