Windows start up problem...

Bob94571

In Runtime
Ok heres the deal. I just built this comp and sometimes windows (XP Home Edition) will start up fine... but about half the time when it is loading up windows (where it shows the little loading bar under the XP logo) it will sit there for about 2 minutes (which is like an eternity when ur staring at that screen)... but anyways... it seems to do it more if i just do a restart rather than when my comp actually is turned off and restarted... but it STILL has done it on a full shut down... any ideas?

Well there is a couple of things you can do to help in the speed up process of loading windows. first you can defrag. your hhd in safe mode. once that's done then go to start / run / type msconfig and click ok. then put a check in the selective startup with original boot.ini

then go to my computer icon and right click it / then properties / then then click advanced tab / click settings box / then where it say's time to list operating system / change it from 30 to 2 / and in the box below that / change it from 30 to 3

that should do it..

tried all of that, ran sfc /scannow and it still does it... like i said its only happens half the time, not every time. When it starts up fine its fast as hell, but when it doesn't it sits on the Logo screen with the green loading bar for about 2 minutes.

anyone else have any ideas

Well, try CCleaner and see what sort of crap exist. Clean it out and try again.

Back
Top Bottom