Windows slow startup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuigiTwin

Baseband Member
Since I've gotten my computer. Windows XP SP2 has been slow at starting up, the loading bar would go across maybe 20 times before it would actually start. I know its not a virus because when I got my computer it was like this. Does anyone have an idea how to fix it?
my specs are:

Cpu-AMD Athlon 64 Fx-55, 2.6 ghz
Mobo-Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
Memory-1024 DDr SDram
Video Card-2x Geforce 6800 series 256mbs

If you need any additional information just ask.

Thanks for your help.

Has he got rid of all the crap on msconfig startup? should be looking at having 2-3 things on there at the most.

I could say more but since you say its a brand new system it cant be spyware or virus so maybe complete re format? shouldnt be any trouble if you have only just brought it, cant imagine you have much to backup already

LuigiTwin said:
Since I've gotten my computer. Windows XP SP2 has been slow at starting up, the loading bar would go across maybe 20 times before it would actually start. I know its not a virus because when I got my computer it was like this. Does anyone have an idea how to fix it?
my specs are:

Cpu-AMD Athlon 64 Fx-55, 2.6 ghz
Mobo-Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
Memory-1024 DDr SDram
Video Card-2x Geforce 6800 series 256mbs

If you need any additional information just ask.

Thanks for your help.

im having the same exact problem and im trying to figure out why its doing it.. my two suspicions on my computer is iTunes or Alchohol 120%... but particularly iTunes. do you use itunes?

edit: and i didn't notice until now.. we have almost the same CPU. mines an amd 64 fx-57.

Re: Re: Windows slow startup.

lazer_viking said:
im having the same exact problem and im trying to figure out why its doing it.. my two suspicions on my computer is iTunes or Alchohol 120%... but particularly iTunes. do you use itunes?

edit: and i didn't notice until now.. we have almost the same CPU. mines an amd 64 fx-57.

with those processors surly a programme wouldnt be holding it back? :confused:

yea i dont think the computer is working much at all... i dont know why it hangs up. i think that luigi has it good because his only take 20 strokes of the bar. mine can take up to 15 minutes in exetreme cases. it is SOOO annoying you guys cant even comprehend. if anyone can come up with a solution other than run spyware/anti-virus, reg cleaning, and hi-jack this (because that doesn't work for me) that would be cool. maybe some other piece of information that may be useful is that everytime i start windows (and actually get to the desktop) it always says that my CD/DVD RW combo drive is new hardware. it works but it has to install it every single time. are you having this problem too luigi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom