Windows slow down

GibsonSGKing

Daemon Poster
OK, my specs are in my sig. My computer has been running fantastic, but lately, it's been acting really laggy. Like, in firefox, sometimes I'll type something, and it'll just sit there frozen for ~5 seconds and then the text will show up. When I right click, it takes forever for the menu to come up. Sometimes, the start menu is really slow. I just don't understand what could be causing this, but it's really annoying because this isn't a crappy computer. It's brand new. I already scanned for viruses, and it's squeaky clean. I've been defragmenting my drive, but it seems to be getting fragmented a lot faster now, and when I defrag it doesn't make a noticeable difference. Help please :(

Done house cleaning lately? The registry might be really dirty.

I've never cleaned the registry, I'm not really sure what I'm safe to get rid of and what I'm not. I don't like poking around in it too much, aside from messing with screensavers and stuff :p

I've heard that there are utilities for it, but I don't know of a good one. Recommendations?

CCleaner has a registry sweeper and a file cleaning tool. Both are simple and effective. The file cleaner does clean out your browsing history and such, so you can disable that if you want.

I cleaned the registry, and it actually seems to have fixed my problem. It's fast as ever now. Thanks! :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom