Windows Server 2012

BK_123

Golden Master
So I just want to know who is using Server 2012. At the moment I am using it a lot for my course as we are creating domains and a heap of other stuff. I don't mind it.

Eeehhhh.... It's alright, I guess.

I think there are a lot of things they did very right in Server 2012, but what I simply cannot understand is the Metro interface. Trying to interact with a metro interface through a console session is unnecessarily difficult, and in some cases, even impossible.

The update that restored the button to take you to the Metro interface was nice, but we can't deploy that yet due to some other issues it causes.

For learning purposes, it's great, but I've only really ever used in production. It's a good platform, but I don't see why they used the Metro stuff with a server OS.

Yeah I don't like the metro and agree with you, I don't see why Metro is needed a in server OS when all you would really use is the desktop. I've been setting up a small read only domain controller and the trouble I've had with removing ADDC and DNS roles is horrible, Sometimes it wouldn't remove after I rebooted then the second time around it would be removed after rebooting anyway the problem with my read only domain controller was a DNS delegation error as I was using my "Server2012A" as the main controller and "Server2012B" couldn't connect as were doing all types of controllers to do with domains. Some people found that they could get around by changing the name of Server2012B in Active Directory Sites & Services worked but for me it wouldn't but I done it after 3 hours of attempts and researching.

Yeah I don't like the metro and agree with you, I don't see why Metro is needed a in server OS when all you would really use is the desktop. I've been setting up a small read only domain controller and the trouble I've had with removing ADDC and DNS roles is horrible, Sometimes it wouldn't remove after I rebooted then the second time around it would be removed after rebooting anyway the problem with my read only domain controller was a DNS delegation error as I was using my "Server2012A" as the main controller and "Server2012B" couldn't connect as were doing all types of controllers to do with domains. Some people found that they could get around by changing the name of Server2012B in Active Directory Sites & Services worked but for me it wouldn't but I done it after 3 hours of attempts and researching.

Holy run on sentence, Batman! I can't even understand half of that without reading the whole thing two or three times.

I have 3 Servers right now.
Server 03 - Domain Controller (getting rid of this currently)
Server 08 - Virtual Server Host hosting 3 servers. One is 03, one is 08, one is 12
Server 12 - Being hosted on my Server 08 box and is becoming the DC and primary server.

I think I might test 2012 out myself. I need to get on the bandwagon , but I hope these jobs I start applying for in the next couple months aren't using much of 2012 :)

How much of a difference is 2012 from 2008?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Computer Forums mobile app

I think I might test 2012 out myself. I need to get on the bandwagon , but I hope these jobs I start applying for in the next couple months aren't using much of 2012 :)

How much of a difference is 2012 from 2008?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Computer Forums mobile app

Well it's pretty much windows 8 but server so has metro, Better and new version of server manager and lots more. I'd recommend grabbing a copy then put it in a VM test and have play with it.

Holy run on sentence, Batman! I can't even understand half of that without reading the whole thing two or three times.

I have 3 Servers right now.
Server 03 - Domain Controller (getting rid of this currently)
Server 08 - Virtual Server Host hosting 3 servers. One is 03, one is 08, one is 12
Server 12 - Being hosted on my Server 08 box and is becoming the DC and primary server.

Ok here is how I have them all configured..

Server2012A - Main Domain Controller
Server2012B - Peer Domain Controller (This server had been changed from a read only to child and back to a peer)
Server2012C - Core setup.

Back
Top Bottom