Windows reinstall trouble...

uro

Solid State Member
So I reinstalled windows on my hard drive today, everything seemed to be going great. Get to the point where I can open folders and stuff so I try to go online to download some drivers for all the components but I get a system beep and an error.

Okay...so I download the driver for my video card onto an external hard drive and transfer it over to my desktop. Loads up fine and tells me to restart. So I do and upon loading up I hear a few system beeps followed by a swarm of error messages telling me such and such DLL file cannot be found.

Got no idea what is going wrong here. Any suggestions/thoughts as to what the problem could be?

Sounds like a corrupt system file to me. I had those problems before on occasion. I would recommend a system reinstall.

Hmm. It installed fine on my other computer. I reformatted the one in question and everything, are you suggesting I try reinstalling it again?

No, I was thinking there is a possibility that the file may have gotten corrupted after installation completed. That can happen.

Let's see what some other forum members have to say about this. :)

Figured I'd add this in as well.
I have yet been able to find a Bios/motherboard driver for my board (DFI NF sli m2).

DFI's website is anything but useful and can't find anything on google either. There a good driver site I'm missing?

Back
Top Bottom