Windows product activation error

janedoe23

Beta member
I was told to downgrade to sp2 so I can use this slot on my computer flbecause I don't have a firmwire port so I did computer restarted and got a error "windows product activation , a problem is preventing windows from accuratly checking the license for this computer error code 0x80004005".
I tried to reboot in safe mode networking so I can restore but recieved error message I have a recovery system option when choosing f8 advance options but not sure how to use it . Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

Can you take a screen shot and link it on here? I don't understand what you're trying to say there with the calendar box?

i think he means when he selected restore it comes up with a calender box, however if there is no restore it will show as blank and cant restore to a previous date.

Oh ok I see what you mean. So I guess that means no restore point...You could try running a repair. Do you have the restore disc handy? Just pop that in + f12 at start up and select repair instead of restore.

Edit: Click here to look at a helpful guide for this process!

Back
Top Bottom