Windows messenger

Washington

In Runtime
Can somebody please tell me how to stop windows messenger activating at start up? I have gone into msconfig and unchecked the box in there and also used startupcpl and unchecked the box there.

Each time it just duplicates itself and starts again. Is there any way of turning it off permanently?

Thanks

Well if you really dont want it, go to task manager, and then disable the process. And then, go to program files, and find the file, ''messenger''. And take it out. That takes out the whole program.

open windows messenger and go to tools and otions, and make sure it is switched off there

what i did is go under "start", "set program access and defaults", "custom", and uncheck "windows messenger" and uncheck "enable access to this program"

If you're not a big fan of Windows Messenger, you can simply delete the following Registry Key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\
CurrentVersion\Run\MSMSGS
After doing so, Windows Messenger will no longer start when you logon. However, if you run any program that requests the use of Windows Messenger (such as Outlook Express), the registry key will be re-created, and Windows Messenger will load on Startup again. For this reason, I recommend you look at this http://www.jcxp.net/tips.htm#35

Back
Top Bottom