Windows Media Player 1 Song Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterK

Beta member
I've been burning some music and for some reason with no problems. I got up this morning to continue to burn and only one song will burn on the CD. The CD (in the computer) turns fast like it's burning, but the Media Player stalls. I have to shut down my computer to get it to stop and end up with only the first song on the CD. Any ideas as to what I should do?

Thanks for your time!

also....window media player

I'm not sure if this is a problem with my CD player or with Windows Media. It does this with ALL my music I try to burn, even those songs I have burned before. Thanks again.

what software are you using for the burning?
how old is you cdr/rw.

I personally use nero which has never failed.

he's using windows media which has an integrated piece of crap burning engine. i would agree with clem, download nero from nero.com and try it for 30 days free. another option is easy cd creator 6 from roxio.

the problem with your winmedia is freezing could be some program that you recently installed or an update you recently applied has cause a conflict with win media. it also could be a driver from a hardware you recently installed or a driver you have recently updated.

i do not know if it is possible but try to see if windows media can be reinstalled from the control pannel>>add/ remove programs>>windows setup.

I downloaded the Nero, but I have no idea how to get my music off of windows media and on to the Nero system. Nero doesn't recognize the format? Any ideas?

open nero.

click on play list putton. this will then go green.
In the window you will see 6 grey (gray US) buttons.
These control play lists.
+ add track
- subtract track
x clears list
L load list
S save list
i information (properties)
click on + locate your files - click on open
this will convert them to nero files..off you go.
S save play lists as you wish.. rock, pop, country ...whatever and L load them
hope this helps

thats assuming he installed nero with .WMA support.

windows media is just reading your files from a location on your hard disk. it is not storded in the program itself. open win media and go into "media library" and right click on a song and select "properties" from the context menu.

look in the location properties. that is where the song is at on your hard disk. all you have to do is open that folder and drag and drop the songs you want onto nero's list.

if you are making an audio cd to be played on a home cd player make sure you make a new "audio cd". if wma support is installed nero will convert the wma's to .WAV's for you. look in nero's help content for more info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom