Windows Media Center Logon Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

asgeras

Beta member
Hello,

I'm currently running a dual boot pc, with both hard drives using Windows XP Media Center. However, recently my first hard drive has started to freeze when I boot it. Normally, the logon screen displays the windows logo on the left side, and the user info on the right side. However, once it gets to the logon screen, it now shows the windows logon on the right side of the screen, and doesn't progress any further. My mouse is able to move freely, and the hard drive light is usually unlit, with an occasional flicker. I tried to boot into safe mode, but it still does the same thing.

Any suggestions. I know I could reinstall windows, but this hard drive is the one that has all my vid games, along with saves, and all in all, about 100 gigs worth of stuff on it. If I could save the pain and hastle of a fresh install, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help.

Asgeras

Reinstalling is the only thing I can think of as well pballer.

Warez monster, do you have any suggestion on how to repair? I have no idea which process takes over the windows logon process at that point, so I have no idea what file to replace. If you have any more info, please let me know.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom