Windows Live Messenger - What I'm Listening to Doesn't Work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prisonbreak94

In Runtime
Hey guys,

I'm running the latest version of Windows Live Messenger on Windows 7 64 bit, and I have MSN Plus installed with it. It was working before, but now, the ''show what I'm listening to'' option doesn't actually show what I'm listening to. I'm listening to music from the latest iTunes.

PLEASE Don't tell me I need to make sure the ''show what I'm listening to is ticked, iTunes need to be default player, or don't say reinstall MSN'' - I've tied all of these!

I'm looking for a proper solution here. I tried installing a script into MSN Plus called Now Playing, but it doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated. I want to show off all the good music I listen to haha :silly:

What I'm Listening to only works for WMP and WinAmp. It doesnt work with iTunes even with the Plus Addon.

The default is only for WMP, with Plus it adds support for WinAmp. Check the Plus Site for additional Addons for iTunes support.

Unless they changed it with the latest update, yes i am sure.

Well then how come it used to work perfectly fine? Any recommendations on how I can get this feature to work with iTunes??

This is something on your end, we have provided you with known working solutions.

Which build did this work in previously? Older version? Same version?
Did you install Messenger in Windows XP SP3 mode? If you didnt try it. Right click on Messenger in All Program, Properties, Compatibility, Run this program is compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3, restart Messenger, Restart iTunes and see where that gets you.

Thanks for the reply Osiris. Well, it worked on the same version, the only thing that changed since then was iTunes, I think a new itunes was released so I updated. However I don't believe that would have caused my problem.

The SP3 Mode didn't change anything, it still doesn't work ^^

I'm going to install iTunes and see if I can replicate the issue, we are both usig 64 bit Win7...

First without Plus then using scripts, etc

I do. Who says Apple didnt do something to prevent the now playing to work with a Windows product? It wouldnt be the first time Apple did something like that.

But anyways, check their forums. Even a search for Now Playing, iTunes, and all of the other things gave no results about built in support for iTunes.

Messenger Plus! Live Forums - Search Results

That is from their site. Ask Patchou. He created the software, he should know what is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom