Windows jokeware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: well maybe 99% for me (just me) = 10 times, 9 out of 10 times it did not work for me and maybe the number for ppl that I spoke with was closer to 50% as they may not have told me when they had success only non success, sorry if my numbers are off.

ok, sounds good!

what are we deciding again?

and... am I making the poll or are you making the poll?

up to you I can or you can :)

Well, since it's your idea... and the fact that I dont have the same opinion as you. I think that you better make the "pole"

This is going to be super fun. Please notify me as soon as it's made and I will participate with the utmost expediency by choosing the option in the poll that closely matches my opinion that I ultimately feel very strongly about. Well, I may not feel that strong about it, but it may be the CLOSEST option to my opinion... hehehe. But, yea!!!! Let's do this!!!!

Hampton,

That is the thing you have to remember. When something works as expected you will very rarely hear about it. It is only when something doesnt work as expected will you get remarks about it.

Just look around the forums, how many topics are there on how well Vista works? How many topics are there on how well it stinks or doesnt work?

People very rarely say when something is going the way they expect it to. It is only when something out of the ordinary happens that you will hear about it. If i went by that account then yeah i would fully agree with you. Cause i know that the only time i ever hear about anything is when it doesnt work. But if it is working i never hear a peep out of anyone unless i ask first.

That is just one of those things with doing anything Tech Related. The same can be said about anything. Forums like this wouldnt exist if everything worked as expected. It is only when something goes wrong that things are mentioned.

I've had zero problems with MCE, I like it and I like how it works with other devices (360, extenders, etc). I even got it to work with an old tuner that didn't even have Vista drivers. Don't know what your problem is.

Usually these kinds of threads are split into two parties. Peeps who'll blindly hate and peeps who'll blindly defend. And iuno, both must always be TRYING to take everything as a personal insult...kinda funny.

The best thing to do is take a step back for a second.
Hampton, I'm sorry it's not working for you, but unless you provide specific details around the failure I can't help and neither can anyone else really. There's no sense in creating a poll for how many users don't like system restore. It'll only create a flaming war.

Mak, honestly you've probably heard/seen/met ONE peep with problems with System restore. Otherwise well argued.

Mike, you win. I lol'd.

Yes Soul i have seen this someone before with a System Restore issue. But it was corrupted well before they tried to restore it. As i said before. Restore points can easily be corrupted.

As i have stated a few times i know it isnt a perfect system. But it does work. If the Restore points are also corrupted then there is nothing that can be done. A virus is very quick and easy to corrupt a restore point. Which is why you even see in many of hte HiJack Logs to disable system restore, delete all the restore points, reboot, then turn it back on and make a new restore point right away. Cause they will be infected as well.

Nothing is 100%. I am not trying to argue or blindly defend Microsoft despite my connection with them. I am just saying what i have seen.

Yeah i read. I know. I was just trying to clarify. Cause most of the time when people see me respond to topics like this the first response is always:

"You are such a M$ Fanboi" or "You are only saying that cause your a MVP"

If not said then thought for sure. :p

ok, perhaps I just happened to buy the Tuner cards that were not good with MCE and only a percentage of them work well with MCE and the ones I have were on the non compatible end of that percentage, but what if Video cards worked on that same level with Windows, how popular would that be.

the symptoms that my first 2 cards had were crashing the entire system, and the drivers came straight from MS update and I had sent many reports to them asking why they were sending drivers that crashed my system, this was with XP MCE.

Now the Tuner card I have is an ADS instant HDTV PCI and is rated for Vista and MCE
I open MCE and it jumps all over and the sound does not match the picture it's like this in Vista x86 x64 and Win 7 Beta x64 but the app that came with the tuner works fine.

and to the balloon lady I will create that "Pole" with the utmost expediency 4 u :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom