Windows Has Recovered BLUESCREEN

GreatBallsOfFire

Beta member
Hey guys,
I am new here, registered because I got a problem so here it goes - Yesterday I fell asleep, my laptop was still running (it usually happens like that ;D), then I woke up and I see this:

Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown

Problem details:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1062

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: f4
BCP1: 0000000000000003
BCP2: FFFFFA8008847330
BCP3: FFFFFA8008847610
BCP4: FFFFF80002D8E7B0
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\021314-13681-01.dmp
C:\Users\Å…ikita\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-33357132-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
I removed the link.

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Then I opened a program called "Piriform Speccy" (it basically checks your system) eveything was fine.
So, do I have any reason to get stressed?
Sorry, my English isn't good.

Someone who knows about the error codes will know more but I wonder where the laptop was when you fell asleep, If the vents where blocked it may have heated up and shut down as a safety precaution, My sister is bad with that, Always using it on her bed with all the air vents buried in a blanket, She actually has killed 2 Hard drives over heating repeatedly. So I keep fixing it LOL

Someone who knows about the error codes will know more but I wonder where the laptop was when you fell asleep, If the vents where blocked it may have heated up and shut down as a safety precaution, My sister is bad with that, Always using it on her bed with all the air vents buried in a blanket, She actually has killed 2 Hard drives over heating repeatedly. So I keep fixing it LOL
Air vents were clear, I am 99% sure, but maybe it was under my blanket, anyways I hope that the error code means something.

Ok, long story short:

BSOD was caused by the "sudden" termination of windows (very important) process "csrss.exe".

It goes on to say that "The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of 0x%x."

Going off what you said about falling asleep with the laptop on, I'm guessing that your laptop attempted to go to sleep at some point. Possibly, when your laptop started the sleep cycle and terminated a bunch of critical processes, your system BIOS didn't know how to react.

Some people around the interweb suggest you check in your system BIOS for clues: "In the BIOS, be sure to set suspend mode or similar to S3. Check for any BIOS revision that may address sleep mode issues. Sometimes BIOS just wont cooperate with sleep mode." Other times, if there's no setting in the BIOS, it could be a driver messing up the computer's attempt to enter sleep mode (I've had that with my laptop and its USB 3.0 drivers before...)

You can test by letting your laptop go to sleep or hibernate, and watch what it does. Or, just disable any sleep or hibernation in "power management" and see if the issue reoccurs.

FYI: Not a short story, I know :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom