Windows explorer has stopped working error

anasttin

Solid State Member
Hi and thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

I'm running Windows 7 and and the electrical power shut off suddenly at my home.

Once the power came back on, the computer seemed to work okay for abou ten minutes and after that, I started getting a "Windows explorer has stopped working" error message, followed by a request for me to restart the program.

I'm not sure if the power outage caused this problem.

I can still boot into windows now but 10 seconds after boot up, it comes up with the "Windows Explorer" error and wants to restart Windows Explorer again. After restarting, it just crashes again almost immediately and this continues endlessly.

During this cycling, I can move the mouse but it is extremely slow. If I'm quick I can click on desktop icons and use whatever program I run as long as I do it before Windows Explorer crashes. After that, I can't click icons any more.

If I go into windows explorer, it shows me folders but not files so I can't run anything from within it.

It also stops me using control panel so I cant uninstall anything if I want to.

I've done a lot of research but can't find a solution that works for me. I've run Glary utilities, Advanced Windows Care, Hijack this, SFC and Spybot without fixing the problem.

I did not install any new software before the error first started and SFC said all system files were okay. I don't use restore points so can't go back and the problem persists even in safe mode.

Can anyone offer any advice for me as this problem is debilitating and has me pulling my hair out?

Thanks

Kim

Back
Top Bottom