windows doesnt start

thatguy93

Beta member
I didnt have internet for awhile then i finally got it back and i had to update a lot of things so i updated my 8500gt gfx driver and a bunch of windows vista updates then i noticed in my games the video was messing up and then on my desktop and i was starting to get alot of blue screens so i try to start my computer and it wont start it just goes black and then the blue screen will pop up so i started it up in safe mode so i could restore my computer to before i updated my gfx card driver (thinking it was that,that was causing the problem) and then after that i tried to start it up in normal mode and it still didnt work then i tried safe mode and it just went to a black screen and thats it so im thinking it had to be the windows updates but im not sure how to fix my problem if i should just get a windows disk and reinstall ( cant find my disk) or if i could somehow use another older computer that has xp on it and just download the windows file on to a disk then install xp on my good computer or if i should just switch the hardrives on them

Well by the sounds of things, that could be a load of a lot of things... You could have even stumbled upon a virus through the UDP ports while you were playing your game... Though I do see your point in thinking it could be the updates.... I would first try virus scanning... and then if you can't do a system restore to before the updates... Your only choice might be formatting and re-installing...

I would also consider looking into a BIOS update for your mother board. A lot of times, if you don't do a BIOS update for a long time, the windows updates start conflicting with your MoBo and your computer will start screwing up on boot. If you have a Dell or HP or other major brand, most of their support websites will have BIOS flash updates for you. Asus and other brands also offer them from their respective websites. All you need to do is boot,hit F8 before the windows splash boot screen comes up, choose safe mode with networking, download the file, and install. Also consider booting from your XP disk into a repair console, run Chkdsk, and fixboot, and you might fix some other aspects of what your problem could be.

Its probably a virus. Scan for viruses and clean any that are there. If that doesnt work reformat and install XP.

Back
Top Bottom