Windows blocking downloaded files off the internet

EricM

Daemon Poster
BSoD issues/ Windows blocking downloaded files off the internet

Whenever i try to download something off the internet... say like an update to a driver or something that doesnt have a valid digital signature.. windows will say there is a problem with the file and then it blocks the file from being downloaded since it doesnt have a "valid digital signature" due to it coming from an unknown source. its getting really annoying because not many things have valid digital signatures, so how do i change this so it will not block these files?

what files are we talking about here? because the valid digital signature is security saying you have to validate windows to download official files, just to make sure your xp isnt cracked, and there isnt a way to stop that i think. Unless you register a REAL copy of windows...

ill have to take a screen shot of the pop up when i come across it again. im talking about like an updated version of my zone alarm firewall WHICH I PAID FOR... its also blocking an updated version of my video card driver. its that annoying thing when u download files off the internet... some companies register with windows or something like that so windows knows what corporation the files come from... i am running a REAL copy of windows and i registered also. it was also doing it for windows live messenger....? if i come across it again ill post a screen shot.

Open IE
Select Tools
Select Internet Options
Select the last tab on the right

Something has been changed. Defaulting will put it back to "out of the box".

tried that.... still does the same thing. i use firefox anyways but it still does the same for ie.

Blocking files? How about just try disabling Windows Firewall (you can temporarily turn of Windows Security in the Control Panel) or any other firewall you got going?

it is off...thats the weird thing.. i am running no firewall whatsoever. i was trying to update my zone alarm pro when this whole problem kinda began. i was trying to update it and it would let me download the file because it said it was "corrupt" and didnt have a valid signature. it was also giving me trouble downloading the newer nvidia display driver... now my whole system is acting funny.. i am getting a fair amount of BSoD's now all relating to drivers.... so i think i might just do a whole system reformat soon.

i got a screen shot of what i am talking about...

untitled1.jpg

ya this is getting really annoying now. its like everything i try to download is either blocked like in that example i posted.. or is corrupt. i just tried to download itunes which i usually have no problem with... but look!

corrupt.jpg

this has also happened to me when trying to download zone alarm, nvidia driver, and other programs.... what the heck is going on with my windows ?:mad: i think i may have to resort to reformating!

Gosh ive never had anything like that happen to me before. If you have some sort of under-warranty customer service,then try doing that. But yea other than that the only thing i can think of doing would be reformating. = /

it was an oem version bought off ncix.com so as far as warranty... there is none really.

Back
Top Bottom