Windows 7

Tommy Boy

Golden Master
Hey, can someone do a little write up on Windows 7 for me? Or a few people? I know there are some of you using it and I'd just like to know if it's worth trying out. What is it like compared to Vista?

There's a few entire forums on 7 already seen. In order to try 7 out at this point you would first need to sign up as a tester and hope that the RCs are seen available like the 7000 builds(32bit, 64bit) were.

Apparently the RCs will allow more icons on the new Start taskbar as well as see support added into WMP 12 for mov type video files and saying good bye to the need for QuickTime components once and for all.

Some are now pointing at the MS CEO pushing 7 for a possible September release? But for the time being without any MS confirmation of an actual general availability you know what that amounts to.

With the 32bit 7 loaded up here pretty good with a lot of startups the main thing seen right away is the faster load up time over Vista and XP as well. The shutdown or restart time is still comparable to those two however depending on what has to close out first.

Despite some urks still being beta as well as IE 8 still in beta form the general use of 7 is promising and an apparent improvement with seemingly Less "bloat" over what was complained about with Vista initially.

The system requirements and Windows Experience Indexing have been raised like they should have for Vista since 1gb not 512m should have been the minimum for Vista there but now for 7. Note that the WEI scoring for 7 will bring down your current Vista scoring due to the raised minimum standard as well.

And all the above is only a small part of the entire picture. How's that for a start? The 32bit 7 beta is presently set as the default in the boot order as part of the 4way boot with XP, Vista, and hoping to continue further with the 64bit 7.

I am using windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit.

I have used the built in disk management software to create a mirroring array.
It boots and shuts down very closely to my WinXP pro 64Bit system.

For being as pretty as it is, (I use Areo) it is snappy.

Snappier than Vista Flavors...

I have installed COD4 and it, looks and runs great with the specs below.

IE 8 works well

I am still testing it though, but so far i like it alot.

Use bit Torrent, there are aslo legit keys out there you can still use to activate.

Google is your Friend.
Torrenting is not a problem, but where can I get a legit key? I don't want to have an illegal OS on my system.

Back
Top Bottom