Windows 7 - Wireless Issue

anthdel81

Beta member
I downloaded and installed windows 7 to my laptop, that was originally running windows XP. As soon as I started my computer with Windows 7 I installed all the updates so all my drivers would start to work. A couple things didn't work but my main issue is my wireless driver hasn't clicked back in. The wireless card is the Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Network Connection, and it is compatible with windows 7 but I haven't been able to get it going after trying to install the vista drivers. The installer just crashes. In my device manager it shows that there is a network controller it just hasn't recognized it. If anyone has any suggestions it would really help.

Thanks

Are you sure it's "compatible"? I was having problems with my network adapter driver with Windows 7 and the best fix was to just use the windows generic driver as opposed to using the actual driver.

Well, you said you installed the Vista drivers for it? See if there's windows 7 drivers out for it now, they may have made some. Also, if XP was 32bit and your new W7 is 64bit, you'll need 64bit drivers, and vice versa.

I've done this for someone, from XP to Vista, before. The camera didn't work, not with Vista any way. I had to reinstall XP for them.

-Q

Back
Top Bottom