Windows 7 will not install

Status
Not open for further replies.

moore2cw

Beta member
I know computers, but do not "know" computers. When it comes to what is going on inside of them I am absolutely clue less so I have been racking my brain all day trying to figure out what is going on.

My internet was running slow today, so I decided to restart. When I restarted my computer booted up, but booted to a black screen, never making it to the Windows 7 login screen. It stayed at the black screen. I restarted multiple times. Checked the BIOS (although I will admit I really don't even know what to do in it). Needless to say I rebooted time after time to no avail. I let the computer run for awhile and it actually started loading the files. I was able to get to the system restore screen but was unable to restore to an earlier point. It gave me a error. I decided to try to reinstall windows 7 since I have backed up most everything on it.

Before I go any further, my machine is:

Gateway NV55C Laptop
Intel® Pentium® processor P6200 (2.13 GHz, DDR3 1066 MHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35 W)
4 GB RAM
500 GB HDD

Once trying to reinstall I was able to get to the point in which it asked me to select the place to install Windows.

My Disk partitions read as follows:
Disk 0 Partition 1: PQSERVICE - 13 GB (Total Size) - 933 MB (Free Space) - OEM Reserved (Type)
Disk 0 Partition 2: SYSTEM RESERVED - 100 MB (Total Size) - 70 MB (Free Space) - System (type)
Disk 0 Partition 3 452.7 GB (Total Size) - 452.6 GB (Free Space) - Primary (Type)

I select the one labeled Disk 0 Partition 3 and the screen gives me an error which says:
"Windows cannot be installed to Disk 0 Partition 3"

The details read:
"Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu."

This is where I become completely lost. I realize that my disk is probably corrupted and I need to reinstall a new and different driver...but I have no idea what to do and where to go in order to do this.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom