Windows 7 users...

OEM Software. Product Key. I put that product key in and allow it to do its thing. I keep getting error messages asking if i want to activate windows . I already did that! The message keeps showing up in the right lower corner. right now it shows that i have 26 days to do it or it will blow up my computer. Hahaha
If you have (had) an OEM-activated computer when it came from the factory, the activation information is stored in that computer's BIOS (usually there is slick 2.1 for that) and this key, which is on the computer's sticker (is a COA sticker attached to your machine ) is only on the supplied CD/DVD to install the OP system, but not to activate it. It can be used for is the Windows Certificate of Authenticity.
If the support has been ended, You cannot use this key no more to get autenfication of certificate, now You can only use data from Your OEM pc BIOS or retail key, if it still has support (I don't know if it still works or not) or use DAZ loader, it works still for both, ie for Vista and for Win7.
NB! There are many copies of these loaders on the Internet that generally do not work, but the original is still available.

I bought a windows 7 32 bit at the time,(years ago when it first came out), I used it till about 6 years ago when i switched to a 64 bit copy of windows 7. Both came with a product key for that copy of windows. As i said i used my Product key to activate the copy of windows. This last time it all the sudden would not let me use that Product key,(64 bit), After a few different times, Just for kicks i thought i might give them heart failure and try the 32 bit product key and see what happens. It Took It!! I am activated!! Go figure...

You should be able to use the same key for x86 or x64 O.S. Makes no sense that one version works but not the other with the same key. Now if this key was used to authenticate a Windows 10 install...Then I could see why it is giving you problems.
If your using the OEM key that you get from third party apps, then that won't work either. You have to use a COA key on the sticker on the side of the case if your installing Windows 7 that did not come with the pc.
Honestly.... just use the Daz Loader from MDL and be done with it.

I dunno about any other loaders, but the Daz loader was in a grey area....Yes it was o.k. to use it to authenticate your oem pc with the bios key, but you could also use it to authenticate a "fake" key too, or even add a slic key into your bios for legal authentication. I suppose it depended on your ethics. I was not here at the Tech Form when you were doing a "loader". Many "loaders" on the web contained malicious apps. but the Daz Loader from MDL was the only loader I used

They're all the same thing, loaders became popular with pirated copies of Vista and 7 because using an enterprise key like in XP wasn't viable anymore. We were all using 7 in 2011, so you were definitely here. KMS Pico for 8, 8.1, and 10 are essentially the exact same thing just called a different thing based on popularity. Loaders became popular for 1 thing only, piracy by bypassing WAT. Since Vista and 7 are aging tech now nobody cares, but before 8 came out people definitely gave me shit because I was very open about never purchasing a license back in the day. I'm pretty sure Daz loader is the only loader anybody uses due to it's encryption and unique key per machine. In fact after checking, even my OEM ISOs are bundled with Daz.

I do not think your going to see forced Windows 10 installs today, most of your links were dated back to 2016 when M$ was sneaking W10 into peeps pc's. Today with Windows 7 no longer supported, I really do not worry about updates, much less W10 forced installs....just not seeing that. I think there was a reg fix for that too, but that was back in 2015/16 and I can not recall what it was

Too bad...I was not able to get Google to cough up any sort of "reg fix", so it is likely well buried in the internet. As mentioned, I was getting a slew of regular KB updates until somewhere around a year ago, even despite the M$ promise/threat that such shenanigans would cease and desist back in 2014...so I'm not too confidant that Win 7 EOL/EOS will mean any more than the Win XP EOL/EOS did. As soon as the computer tech updates the CA sercurity certificates store, I'll definitely be installing Win Updates Disabler 1.4, since that was what it took to lock M$ out of my XP Pro rig. And yes, I did use the instruction found on several websites to manually disable updates...it took M$ less than a week to circumvent that.

Back
Top Bottom