Windows 7 RC Build 7100 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am talking about using the folders on separate partitions.. point is that you constantly are updating these drivers as new versions are released on GPU and MB almost weekly plus the latest versions of your security apps almost bi-weekly and others.. etc.. So keeping them on a separate partition is common sense.

So it is handy when doing a fresh install of your OS to be able to have the install folder re-open upon restart.

thats all.

Other than that I am really happy with 7.
Just surprised how well MCE worked well with my tuner card in build 7000 but not in build 7100

Point is that it is null and void. If you read through our sticky topics you would see this:

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/tired-losing-drivers-when-you-reinstall-xp-168321/

Located in the Windows area. Which gives you a quick and easy way to backup your drivers. Yet again bypassing the need for such a folder. Wouldnt you know it, still works in Win7 as well. Personally tested it.

The Security Apps is not worth saving. Make sure you download the latest installer before you re-install. The updates to them are small and take less than a minute to get. Coming from someone who re-installs their system almost on a bi-weekly basis, i think i have a pretty good idea on which is the most effective method to getting your system back up and running.

I can format, install a OS and be operational with all of my main programs in just over a hour. It takes roughly 2 hours to have my system back to the state it was before the reinstall. Being a Beta tester has allowed me to figure out some of the best methods to backup for reinstalls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom