Windows 7 not installing on new build

Finner33

Beta member
hey guy so i just built a new computer last week! brand new everything. The problem that i am getting is when i go to install windows 7 64 bit its gets through the windows loading files fine, but then goes to the next screen that says "starting windows" and it freezes then! I have updated my bios and that seemed to help a bit as it allowed the windows symbol (colors blue red yellow) to show up as before it did not. i have tried each ram individually and still has not helped. I plugged my harddrive into my old rig and it allowed the windows setup to go through but will not work with the new computer parts. i have tried since last friday to figure this out and I have not been able to figure it out and still have no idea if it is a hardware defect or what? Please help if you can!

My computer specs are:
MSI 870A-G54 motherboard
AMD phenom 2 x4 955 black edition quad core
600 watt psu
DDR3 PC3-10666 PNY 4gb Ram (two 2 gb sticks) @ 1333mhz
750 GB Seagate Barracude 7200 rpm Serial ATA Hard Drive
Evga GeForce GTS 450 Video card
Asus Sata dvd drive

Just tried to do a memory test. It completed to 79% and then my computer stayed on and i hada high pitch noise happen and continue until i turned my pc off because 1) it was annoying and 2) pc was frozen. I'm beginning to think its bad ram or mobo. I'm not a computer guy but thats just my thought so hopefully someone here with more knowledge will be able to help me! thanks!

it runs at 34c. I just did another memory test on my other stick of ram and my computer froze at 10%. Did a second test with same stick of ram and it froze at 15%

its been solved. I had bad ram!

Back
Top Bottom