Windows 7 FAQ and Questions

windows 7 32 bit or windows 7 64 bit ?

It very much depends on your setup. To my knowledge (and please let me know if I am wrong), the 32bit Windows 7 os can only utilize 2.5 gigabytes of RAM. If you have, or plan to upgrade past this amount, it's smarter to install the 64bit version. However, if you have a smaller form system, or just plan on using a browser and non-resource heavy programs, 32bit would be just fine.

I run 64bit, purely for the fact that I have an i3 with 4gb of RAM.

Hope that helps :)

It very much depends on your setup. To my knowledge (and please let me know if I am wrong), the 32bit Windows 7 os can only utilize 2.5 gigabytes of RAM. If you have, or plan to upgrade past this amount, it's smarter to install the 64bit version. However, if you have a smaller form system, or just plan on using a browser and non-resource heavy programs, 32bit would be just fine.

I run 64bit, purely for the fact that I have an i3 with 4gb of RAM.

Hope that helps :)

3.5-4GB. With integrated video, VRAM is allocated from the system RAM.

If you have a dedicated video card, then the GPU's VRAM is included in the system RAM limit for 32bit OS's.

I just realized the thread title is Windows 7 frequently asked questions and questions.

Yes. For a very specific reason. There is the FAQ which has the Frequently Asked Questions and it is also the area to Ask Questions that are not Frequently Asked.

If it was jsut named FAQ, it would have been closed after the first post and not open for discussion as a FAQ is not something that questions gets asked in. You dont see the Forum FAQ as a topic that is open for discussion now do you? Why is that? Cause it is just a list of the frequently asked questions, not a topic to ask more.

There is logic to the madness. I named it that way for this very reason.

Yes. For a very specific reason. There is the FAQ which has the Frequently Asked Questions and it is also the area to Ask Questions that are not Frequently Asked.

If that's the case, it needs an Oxford comma to separate the two. It's the difference between
"Windows 7 FAQ and Questions"
and
"Windows 7 FAQ, and Questions"

Pedantry over :D

Back
Top Bottom