Windows 7 doesn't respond afther I press something

Matthiee

Beta member
[SOLVED] Windows 7 doesn't respond afther I press something

Hi!

I have a problem with my computer (HP Pavilion Dv7) running windows 7.
Afther I login (normal mode) I get to see my desktop, I can still move my mouse.
But as soon as I click on something (Start button, item from taskbar, traymenu) it freezes and I can't move my mouse anymore. The ctrl+shift+esc (taskmgr) doesn't work anymore and ctrl+alt+del also doesn't work.

If I press the ctrl+alt+del afther 10 mins of waiting I get a black screen and a warning message that it couldn't load the screen and I should press 'esc' to go back or if the system doesn't respond anymore I needed to press the power button.

If I wait for 10 mins or more then I can finally start to move my mouse again but as soon as I click something it starts all over again.

The only way I can use my computer is to boot into safe mode. Then everything works fine.

I already tried to restore my computer to a auto backup made +- 10 days before it happend. But that didn't do anything. Windows was preinstalled on my computer, so I can't reinstall windows as I do not have the original cd/dvd.

Or is there a way to reinstall windows (without having to pay)? Because if I want a disk from HP I need to pay.

Check what programs run at startup. Go to run and type in msconfig. Go to the startup tab. Something has to be hanging your system. As you said it worked fine in Safe Mode, it does not load those programs on startup.

You can actually uncheck all the startup items. And then restart, see if you get anywhere. You can always re-enable them.

Hi MindoverMaster,

I tried to disable all programs at startup but it didn't do much, but then I tried to disable all services except the microsoft ones and it worked again.

Thank you

For some reason I can't add my anti virus services back. It auto unchecks them and if I go to the service management and click start I get 'acces denied'. I also tried the my av interface to restart all the services/components but that doesn't work either.

I'm using Avast Internet Security

Back
Top Bottom