Windows 7 DOES suck at one thing

Indigo

Fully Optimized
Don't ever replace your motherboard with the same frakking IDENTICAL motherboard.

It can't handle it.

Jesus, Vista, even XP wouldn't give me the kittens this system is giving me.

With Vista and XP, you'd boot up and it would just find hardware and reinstall. Why am I being thrown back to the Windows 98 days where doing a motherboard swap would FUBAR Windows so bad?

bootrec hasn't helped
chkdsk hasn't helped
rebuilding the bcd hasn't helped

I can't figure out why it would give me issues like this, on the most advanced OS out of Redmond.

This is a business system, EVERYTHING is integrated, and the motherboard is IDENTICAL. Even the BIOS revisions are the same!

I even made sure there wasn't a problem with it because of AHCI. It's the exact same settings on both motherboards.

I should've complained sooner. Last Known good didn't work the first time, but I tried it again out of desperation, and I'm in. *facepalm* Go figure.

Sorry to hear that. I have taken a hard drive with Windows 7 on it out of a computer, placed it in another with COMPLETELY different hardware, and have had it boot successfully.

My general rule of thumb, is that if you are going to replace the motherboard, you might as well reinstall the OS.

Back
Top Bottom