windows 7 bluetooth keyboard and mouse problem

jlk

Solid State Member
Hi,

I'm new to these forums and hope you guys can help me with this problem-hope this is in the right place. I've recently gone to uni and have bought a new laptop (Samsung SF311). I just got brought a dell wireless keyboard and mouse with me back from my home in England, theyre the ones that come as standard with dell computers, at least they did a few years ago.

for some reason they dont seem to appear at all when i try and connect them, ive tried holding and pressing the connection button in every combination on the hardware but still nothing. maybe i need to download some software? the bluetooth is definitely turned on. cheers

In your system tray, double click on the Bluetooth icon and then add the devices. When you do the 'search for device' step, that's when you press the connect button on the mouse/keyboard.

thanks that worked perfectly. i now have a semi kinda related question as it is still about my laptop. i want to set it up so i can close the lid and it doesnt sleep when im connected to my external monitor, however this option in the advanced power options for lid closing does not let me change it. it shows a greyed out drop down box that you cant click that just says sleep. im admin, so i dont get why i cant change this! not even for when its plugged in...

Back
Top Bottom