Windows 7 64 bit not installing!

Numaholic

Solid State Member
Hey everyone.:D I've ran into quite a bit of trouble. I was running windows 7 32 bit, and looked in control panel and it said my computer was 64 bit capable. So I installed 64 bit by rebooting my computer and pressing the key to install it. So I ran install, but all it did was say windows is preparing files (I think) and then went to the windows 7 starting screen, except with nothing on it, only the blue background and the mouse appeared. So I had to press the shut down manually by switch. I thought the problem might be I needed to br running on an older operating system, so I installed my windows XP. I inserted the 64 bit disk, but a message popped up saying it wasn't compatable with my version of windows. So selected open to see the files and clicked on the .exe and it said it was not a valid win32 application. I checked the plugins and they were configured properly. I'm really stuck right now and help would really be appreciated! :confused: I'm 100% sure that windows 7 32 bit said my computer was 64 bit capable, so what's wrong? I was wondering if it could be the software, but I highly doubt it.

Thanks!

Hey everyone.:D I've ran into quite a bit of trouble. I was running windows 7 32 bit, and looked in control panel and it said my computer was 64 bit capable. So I installed 64 bit by rebooting my computer and pressing the key to install it. So I ran install, but all it did was say windows is preparing files (I think) and then went to the windows 7 starting screen, except with nothing on it, only the blue background and the mouse appeared. So I had to press the shut down manually by switch. I thought the problem might be I needed to br running on an older operating system, so I installed my windows XP. I inserted the 64 bit disk, but a message popped up saying it wasn't compatable with my version of windows. So selected open to see the files and clicked on the .exe and it said it was not a valid win32 application. I checked the plugins and they were configured properly. I'm really stuck right now and help would really be appreciated! :confused: I'm 100% sure that windows 7 32 bit said my computer was 64 bit capable, so what's wrong? I was wondering if it could be the software, but I highly doubt it.

Thanks!

Have you manually checked your specs with Microsoft's requirements?

He was running Windows 7 32bit, so i don't see any problems moving to 64bit unless he's low on memory and hard disc space.

Hey guys! My computer is very powerful, I remember when had windows 7 32 bit the windows 7 experience index for rating hardware everything got a 6.8 out of 7.9 except for last one, I think it was primary hard disk, it got a rating of 5.9. It could be that the guy I bought it from gave me a USB with the files on it. He said it was the official disk, and I had to burn it myself, it was in .iso, so I burnt it with imgburn, maybe I should burn it again, but I'm quite sure that the .iso file was the official one. Should I install the windows 7 32 bit (that works fine, I bought it seperataly) so I can see what hardware I have to tell you guys.

Thanks!

I found out some of my hardware by the way (with windows XP). I have an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00 GHz each (6.00 GHz), my RAM is 3.5 GB, I have about 230 GB of space free, don't know exactly my graphics card, but it is very good. I could easily play GTA 4 with it and have high graphic settings. According to the link which Atomic Rooster put up, all of my computer matches the 64 bit requirment. I'll try buring the iso again.

It didn't come in the official casing or anything, although I bought it at a market seperately from 32 bit, they said that it was the official disk. Maybe the 32 bit and 64 bit have to be both installed together.

Do you think this is it? Does this mean I will have to buy it from a Microsoft retailer to get the official version?

Thanks for following this through!

It didn't come in the official casing or anything, although I bought it at a market seperately from 32 bit, they said that it was the official disk. Maybe the 32 bit and 64 bit have to be both installed together.

Do you think this is it? Does this mean I will have to buy it from a Microsoft retailer to get the official version?

Thanks for following this through!

Yer it's probably fake.

Back
Top Bottom