Windows 7-32/64bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingmanRoss

In Runtime
Ok,just noticed on Belarc,my specs-Could I have installed W7 Ult. 64bit instead of 32bit?

Operating System System Model
Windows 7 Ultimate (build 7600)
Install Language: English (United States)
System Locale: English (United States) IBM 8113D1U ThinkCentre M52
System Serial Number: LKRB882
Enclosure Type: Mini-Tower
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
3.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
16 kilobyte primary memory cache
2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Hyper-threaded (2 total) Board: IBM IBM
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz

Last question-too late now that I already did it,or,can I switch to 64bit install??If so,How?Are there any advantages to 64 or just leave as is?

I would reccomend anyone that is able to install 64bit windows 7 to do so. You can install much more ram and it is more 'future proof', to put it simply.

While I do agree with Oreo about "future proofing" lets not hide the facts here. Your running an old Pentium 4 single Core CPU. I can bet that the RAM is gonna be DDR2 which is quickly fading from markets or is going up in price cause of the raise of DDR3.

Sorry to tell you but you will not get any benefit from going to a 64 Bit system with such a setup. You will be able to use 64 Bit yes, but your not going to gain anything from the switch. You will have to upgrade your system before you will notice any benefits. Most of the programs you use now will still be 32 Bit and making the jump will only cost you. Cause you cant just switch to 64 Bit. You have to format and reinstall.

Yes, you really won't see much of anything in terms of a performance boost. It's best you kept to your 32-bit operating system for now.

Yep.I never caught that on that Belarc before tho.Either did not say it or did not ever notice it and I look pretty close at that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom