windows 2000...

wol-va-rine

Fully Optimized
I have a friend who refuses to run XP or Vista, he runs Windows 2000 because he says it's the most secure operating system, I always had problems with Windows 2000SE, but he doesn't seem to have any problems with it, maybe 2000SE was messed up and he just runs Windows 2000...

is he misinformed...? seems to me that drivers and such would be hard to find and may not even exist for somethings, he isn't into gaming, just running programs and surfing the web...

I have a friend who refuses to run XP or Vista, he runs Windows 2000 because he says it's the most secure operating system, I always had problems with Windows 2000SE, but he doesn't seem to have any problems with it, maybe 2000SE was messed up and he just runs Windows 2000...

is he misinformed...? seems to me that drivers and such would be hard to find and may not even exist for somethings, he isn't into gaming, just running programs and surfing the web...

First off, I have never heard of 2000se. Windows 98se however does exist. It's the only 'se' of anything I know of.
Second, No, it's not the most secure. He is wrong if he thinks it is. Microsoft stopped supporting 2000 a while ago.
and lastly, drivers are still very easy to find for it. Most drivers made for 2000 also work with XP, because of how similar they are.

For his uses though, so long as he has an antivirus, he should be fine.

First off, I have never heard of 2000se. Windows 98se however does exist. It's the only 'se' of anything I know of.
Second, No, it's not the most secure. He is wrong if he thinks it is. Microsoft stopped supporting 2000 a while ago.
and lastly, drivers are still very easy to find for it. Most drivers made for 2000 also work with XP, because of how similar they are.

For his uses though, so long as he has an antivirus, he should be fine.

wow, you're right, I was using 98se, my bad...

Back
Top Bottom