Windows 2000 computer problems

Vacuumfan7072

In Runtime
I have this old Windows 2000 computer without a specified brand name. On the bezel it says "NSpire Systems" but the PC doesn't know. Anyway, I had to press the RESET button 10 times in order for it to turn on. When I unplug ny 7-port USB hub when my computer shuts down my computer turns on. Sometimes after it says "It is now safe to turn off your computer" i hold the button in for 5 seconds, release, and it turns back on. When I get into the BIOS Screen, it says "CPU is unworkable or has been changed.". Something wrong with my PC? Too much info?

Honestly...it's over 10 years old. Computers are designed to last for five years. I'd back-up whatever important data you can and buy a new one. In fact, for $150 or even less, you can get a used one on ebay or craigslist that is lightyears beyond the one your using.

Luckily I have a laptop and a desktop, but I plan on rebuilding a broken one and replacing that one, which will probably run Windows XP or Vista.

Yes at this point, give up on it and get rid of it or replace it. It's too old to work with.

Honestly...it's over 10 years old. Computers are designed to last for five years. I'd back-up whatever important data you can and buy a new one. In fact, for $150 or even less, you can get a used one on ebay or craigslist that is lightyears beyond the one your using.

Hm, guess the old AMD K6-2 system I have should just be thrown out then. :trash:

Computer aren't designed for 5 year cycles, though it sure feels like it with how fast the advancement goes.

Generally speaking though, I agree - it's time to put this one out of its misery.

Generally mass produced computers don't have a long service life, usually about 5-6 years. It depends on the manufacturer. You can upgrade them to get more life but you're usually limited to memory and storage.

If you build your own however, you can make it last longer. I had a Socket A rig that lasted me a good 8 years before I moved on to a newer platform.

OhSnapWord said:
Generally mass produced computers don't have a long service life, usually about 5-6 years. It depends on the manufacturer. You can upgrade them to get more life but you're usually limited to memory and storage.

If you build your own however, you can make it last longer. I had a Socket A rig that lasted me a good 8 years before I moved on to a newer platform.

It's an Enlight computer. It is supposedly manufactured by "NSpire Systems". I have built a computer. Here are the specs:
ASUS P4G533-LA, Intel Celeron 2GHz, Maxtor QuickView 80G, 1G RAM, HIGH POWER MicroATX low profile case and a removable CD/DVD drive.

It probably has to do with ACPI issues in the BIOS. Try reseting them to default and see how it goes.
Hm, guess the old AMD K6-2 system I have should just be thrown out then. :trash:

Computer aren't designed for 5 year cycles, though it sure feels like it with how fast the advancement goes.

Generally speaking though, I agree - it's time to put this one out of its misery.

Well, computers are meant to last as long as they can, and by that I mean the motherboard/CPU. Sure, I still have a K6-2 here, but with today's crap, it can't really handle it anymore...all thanks to the i586 architecture...

Back
Top Bottom