Windows 11

I went into the bios today. Found that there is a fTPM of 2.0 But enable will cause this computer not able to start up the drive with Windows 10 on it. It just can't see the m.2 drive. Had to turn it off to get the system to restart and load system. I guess Asus won't work with 2.0. Funny it shows and one other thing. The test program to see if you can get the windows 11, won't finish and gives a message that it can't finish the test or something like that, and as such, won't tell me if i can or not if i can install it. Weird it tried to hide or not see the M.2 drive at all. I had to disconnect the sata back up drive to get it to start up the system on M.2. Don't know what i may have done. all i did was enable fTPM and save and restart. Damned computers are stupid or maybe the operator....

I went into the bios today. Found that there is a fTPM of 2.0 But enable will cause this computer not able to start up the drive with Windows 10 on it. It just can't see the m.2 drive. Had to turn it off to get the system to restart and load system. I guess Asus won't work with 2.0. Funny it shows and one other thing. The test program to see if you can get the windows 11, won't finish and gives a message that it can't finish the test or something like that, and as such, won't tell me if i can or not if i can install it. Weird it tried to hide or not see the M.2 drive at all. I had to disconnect the sata back up drive to get it to start up the system on M.2. Don't know what i may have done. all i did was enable fTPM and save and restart. Damned computers are stupid or maybe the operator....
If you enable that you'll need to format and reinstall because your current Windows Boot Manager is in standard UEFI or CSM mode.

You could try this reg trick to see if you will be able to get 11...

Trick to bypass TPM & SecureBoot requirement using registry trick

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\LabConfig] "BypassTPMCheck"=dword:00000001 "BypassSecureBootCheck"=dword:00000001

Save this commands as (.reg) file and during installation of windows 11 open cmd with (shift + f10) then type notepad and hit enter.

After opening the notepad, from file menu select open, then locate & apply the reg file.

Then the restrictions will be bypassed.

Credits : St1cky

https://github.com/St1ckys/Win11/blob/main/BypassTPMCheck&SecureBoot.reg

The TPM 2.0 requirement and the elimination of all processors made before 2017 is a huge dealbreaker.
Now many will just stick to win 10, buy a mac or hop on the linux train, choo choo.
This is a nightmare for the used/refurbished/self built market and I hope it costs Microsoft dearly for their folly.
The year of the linux desktop isnt so much of a pipe dream anymore.

Ahh, Hell with it. Will wait till i need it.
You can use An open-source application called WhyNotWin11 acts as a better drop-in replacement for Microsoft's PC Health Check app to determine if your hardware is compatible with Windows 11.
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...-replacement-for-windows-11s-pc-health-check/

I tried this and of course my pc failed the Windows 11 install check.
It does show why it fails and what I need to do in order to use Windows 11.
Windows-11-Health-Check.jpg

Yesterday Microsoft released the preview insider Windows 11 build 22000.51.
Microsoft is also reporting that they may be supporting Zen 1 and Intel 7x cpu's now.
https://blogs.windows.com/windows-i...te-on-windows-11-minimum-system-requirements/
Looks like Microsoft may back track on those current requirements. As it currently stands, there would be a majority of pc's that could not run 11 and I think Microsoft might be coming to terms with their ill gotten ideas

I noticed a brief popup notifications on the Windows 10 laptop that I own about Windows 11 will be here soon last night. When I attempted to click onto the notification it disappeared on me. I am grateful for this post as a result.

My question is, will any of the current laptop or desktop models with Windows 10 we currently own meet the current specs to install Windows 11 or will we need to upgrade to the newer models that the manufactures are innovating?

Will we need basic training to learn new tech skills regarding Windows 11?

I spoke to an agent from Dell about the status of repairs for one of my laptops that recently failed and he told me that a new Dell Inspiron 11nth Generation is currently in the works and should be released on the market soon. I wonder if the 11nth Generation model was innovated to meet compatibility requirements for Windows 11?

Yesterday Microsoft released the preview insider Windows 11 build 22000.51.
Microsoft is also reporting that they may be supporting Zen 1 and Intel 7x cpu's now.
https://blogs.windows.com/windows-i...te-on-windows-11-minimum-system-requirements/
Looks like Microsoft may back track on those current requirements. As it currently stands, there would be a majority of pc's that could not run 11 and I think Microsoft might be coming to terms with their ill gotten ideas
See, I told you they would backpedal lol.
I noticed a brief popup notifications on the Windows 10 laptop that I own about Windows 11 will be here soon last night. When I attempted to click onto the notification it disappeared on me. I am grateful for this post as a result.

My question is, will any of the current laptop or desktop models with Windows 10 we currently own meet the current specs to install Windows 11 or will we need to upgrade to the newer models that the manufactures are innovating?

Will we need basic training to learn new tech skills regarding Windows 11?

I spoke to an agent from Dell about the status of repairs for one of my laptops that recently failed and he told me that a new Dell Inspiron 11nth Generation is currently in the works and should be released on the market soon. I wonder if the 11nth Generation model was innovated to meet compatibility requirements for Windows 11?
It depends on the hardware in your current laptop, if it supports platform TPM 2.0 or not.

See, I told you they would backpedal lol.

It depends on the hardware in your current laptop, if it supports platform TPM 2.0 or not.
Thanks PP Mguire. I plan to check the system specs tonight on the Dell Inspiron two in one touch to see if it meets the requirements to install Windows 11. I am just curious to know.

Back
Top Bottom