Windows 10 Update

ohdearme

Solid State Member
Hello

This is a shot in the dark. Because of computer problems I made the mistake of doing a factory reset.

Now I remember I was told by someone that there was and "update" of sorts for Windows 10, that made it look like the older version, which I did and preferred.

Does anyone know what this is and how to get it please? I have forgotten who told me and what to do.
Regards

Alan

What is it that you want changed to look different? Is it the start menu? If so maybe it was Start8, StartIsBack, or Classic Shell? Those are all apps that make the start menu look like the original style.

Just a shot in the dark here. Not sure exactly what you're looking for.

I don't get it ether.
There is no official update from Microsoft that makes windows 10 look like windows 7 or 8.

you might find skins and 3 party start menus as Crazyman stated. But what's wrong with the windows 10 look? what are you looking to change?

Sounds like those suggesting Stardock10 and Classic Shell are on the right track, but may I offer a suggestion you not do an upgrade to Windows 10. Most who have done that have returned to 7 or 8.1 they came from and really there is nothing that Windows 10 will do any better than those so why risk the problems? If going to Windows 10 be smart and do a clean install.

Crazyman, you sorted me out last week with my "tablet off" thread, thank you again for that.

I recall windows 10 having many complaints and someone telling me that there would be an email from MS giving the choice of having an "update" of sorts. That is all I remember, sorry to trouble everyone, I did say that this was a shot in the dark.
Best
Alan

Back
Top Bottom