Windows 10 Search in Taskbar Returns Blank

Questius

Beta member
So essentially, when I open up my search bar on the taskbar, it opens up as usual: I can type in the area, and the search prompt pops up. However, whenever I type anything in, it immediately goes white (as expected) and is supposed to display the search results or most relevant item, but instead, it's completely blank. I've done no serious updates nor software additions to my computer, and happened only suddenly today. I've already tried multiple strategies to fix this (following various online guides and videos) including:
- Turning off Cortana completely
- Restarting, halting, and resuming Windows Explorer and Cortana (before blocking)
- Trying to re-install Cortana package using Command Prompt
- Using the sfc /scannow command in Command Prompt
- Trying the troubleshooter (it says no problems can be identified)
- Going into System Configuration and turning off and on a service
- Turning off my third-party firewall and returning to Windows Defender
- Restarting the computer multiple times
- Shouting at the computer

I'm at a loss for what to do, and while not essential, it makes things really difficult. The search bar in file explorer just isn't the same in the way that it returns smaller files instead of the program that I'm looking for. There is a massive catch to this: when I created another account on the computer and logged in, the search bar worked just fine, returning Microsoft Edge and anything I searched for. This leads me to believe that it might be an application problem somehow...? Any suggestions?

Here's a video of what exactly it looks like: https://imgur.com/a/xHdCXFg

Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to look at this.

Back
Top Bottom