Windows 10 Reset Issue

The22766

Solid State Member
Hello guys and gals, am in need of assistance with an issue i'm currently having with this laptop. It's a Toshiba and I am currently unable to locate the model number, but anyhow the issue I'm having is with resetting the entire PC. I had attempted a downgrade a few months ago and for some reason during the Windows 7 setup it stated that there was a problem and the PC needed to restart and now this laptop is extremely bogged down and runs slower than ever. At this point i wouldn't even mind just resetting it a clean cut copy of Windows 10, but I've tried doing a reset through the system recovery section and It gets to 3% and says there is something wrong and the PC needs to restart. If anyone at all would happen to know of any solution or any thing I can do that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

That's perfectly normal. Your only option is to make a clean installation.
If you want to make sure your files are kept, make a copy before deleting the old version. Only personal files can be saved.
If you want to restore Windows 10, then during the new installation, you can choose to store files, but it will not work if your Windows is severely damaged.
If You want to install Windows 7, you need to manually make copies or transfer your files elsewhere. There isn't such a option, which gives You to save them during installation.
However, I do not understand those people who want to use outdated versions of Windows. Why?

I think that Microsoft is the only company that is stating that Windows 7 is an outdated version. The reality is that Windows 7 still has two-plus more years of support. True it's life is still limited but Windows 7 is still running on more than 48% of all Windows pc's out there today. Currently Windows 10 has just 26%
FYI: peeps are still using XP (7%) more than Windows 8/8.1 (6.9%)

April 2017
http://www.businessinsider.com/how-many-people-use-windows-xp-chart-2017-5

Last edited:
You state that Windows 7 won't install and Windows 10 doesn't install either. Check the status of your hard drive so we can rule that out as a possible issue with the installation of any o.s.

So i did "WIN+R" and did a "dxdiag" and this is the info that appeared:
Operating system: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393)
System Manufacturer: Toshiba
System Model: Satellite C75D-B
BIOS: 1.20
Processor: AMD A6-6310 APU with AD Radeon R4 Graphics (4 CPUs), ~1.8Ghz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Page file: 3360MB used, 2552 available
DirectX Version: DirectX12

Also this PC had Windows 10 pre installed but I personally prefer Windows 7. I have a Windows 7 boot disc at my disposal.

Back
Top Bottom