Windows 10 preparing automatic repair loop

ezio313

Solid State Member
So I have i5 10400 with biostar h510 and 3200hz ram. In task bar ram was 2400hz, went into bios to turn in up to 2666hz but I screwed up, I don't remember what I did exactly but this resulted in "preparing automatic repair" loop.

I saw some videos online and rebooted the windows and all worked fine.

3 days ago I had my USB which I installed windows on plugged into the pc, I wanted to reset this PC and install windows again, but when pressing on it an error occured, something along the lines of "the settings are not available for reseting this pc. Today, After turning on the pc, I see the windows installation setup, I cancelled since I didn't format my PC yet. But when I exited the setup I faced the automatic repair loop again.
When trying to install windows through the USB, when I reach the installation drive location, i can't see my nvme. Any idea what's happening

Last edited:

kalju

In Runtime
What happened or what's going on? It'ss that you have only one option - fix your computer. And you only have one option - to restore all factory settings and perform a 100% completely clean installation.
The reason is simple - because you claim you don't know what's going on and you don't remember what you did, there are no other options.
In the future, try to make only those changes that you know and know exactly what You do and why You do.

HoraceC

Beta member
Hello...

Did you restore the BIOS to its defaults before attempting the Reset? If not, the same issue may be preventing Windows Reset.

Top Bottom