Windows 10 password

I'm stuck here. Please tell me that I do not have to re-install everything for this laptop. Here is my story:

I was attempting to sell an old laptop. So I installed a new hdd, installed the software bundles that came with the laptop, and upgraded to Win10 through the free microsoft deal.

When I setup the windows account, I wanted to keep it a general login and password. I also made an admin account. Well, now my sister is going to take this laptop off my hands and guess what...

I CAN'T REMEMBER THE PASSWORD!!! for the general user account. Also, I cannot seem to find where I can sign in as ADMIN.

When I start the laptop it comes up asking for password or pin... the password and pin that I remember using do not work. I say that I can't remember them but I really do, in general. I always keep to certain login names and passwords... same with pins.

How can I get into this laptop. I believe once I get into windows that I can figure out what is going on. Change the password or whatever. But for now, I am stuck and cannot login.

I can always wipe the hdd and re-install the bundled software that came with it. I am just trying not to because it takes a long time to install. I have this laptop setup perfectly the way that I want and now this.

Suggestions? Oh and I know that I can get a password reset from microsoft by providing my phone # and/or email address. But I do not remember what email that I used. Plus the phone number I used was my mom's and she doesn't have that phone anymore. LOL

Hope somebody can help.
Listening to me, if you wanted to keep it a general login and password after you updated ,It's very difficult, sometimes, the admin or login password can be changed , this is unpredictable , and if you didn't remember what email that you used , using the Microsoft account to reset your password is not valid for you since you can't accept active email ,
Actually,you can use the password reset disk or CMD to reset password on Windows ,

Listening to me, if you wanted to keep it a general login and password after you updated ,It's very difficult, sometimes, the admin or login password can be changed , this is unpredictable , and if you didn't remember what email that you used , using the Microsoft account to reset your password is not valid for you since you can't accept active email ,
Actually,you can use the password reset disk or CMD to reset Windows 10 login password ,
This is a new method that my classmates recommended to me,I haven't tried. I'm waiting for your reply, whether it can help you reset Windows password or not

Back
Top Bottom