Windows 10 missing Text on menus

Dr.Gootch

TechyBurst
I have a windows 10 laptop that is missing the text on the background of icons / menus,but not all of them. Example would be right clicking in device manager and the options that popus up is all white and cant see the text. But if I go into safemode it works fine, no issues.

Things I have done:
Set a new theme,updated and reinstalled video card drivers, SFC scan and no errors. Reset video card settings for users.

First backup important on to atlas a 10gb USB or more, then download windows 10 64 bit is from get into pc then use rufus to put the image on a different USB drive. AT LEAST 20gigs. Then boot from the USB with the windows 10 on it, then go through the setup process. Afterthat, you can copy all of the data on the other usb. If this does not help, Contact Windows support.

you have got to be joking? I might aswell do a restore...But I don't think that would be my #1 option...Since safemode works correctly,and SFC scan shows no integrity issues.. Plus I there isent any unusual software installed that would cause the issue. Ugh...

At first clean up Your computer, especially icon cache, font cache and registry.
If after restart nothing isn't changed, is really needed improve the whole Windows, because it is most probably damaged.
Even if you scan Windows files and you get, that there is no corrupt files, it doesn't mean, that everything is OK.
If you in future look for help, then do not say only Windows 10, but exactly, what version. Currently it is in use at least four different versions of Windows 10 and some of the things are very different.

Last edited:
I have a windows 10 laptop that is missing the text on the background of icons / menus,but not all of them. Example would be right clicking in device manager and the options that popus up is all white and cant see the text. But if I go into safemode it works fine, no issues.

Things I have done:
Set a new theme,updated and reinstalled video card drivers, SFC scan and no errors. Reset video card settings for users.

Is this before or after the Creator's Update?

If clearing the icon cache doesn't work, and you don't have the Creator's Update...may be worth it to try force installing it from the Windows Upgrade Advisor (if it's not available through Windows Updates for you yet), and see if that solves the issue - could be a "stuck" theme or something wonky.

Dr., I see you ran SFC, but did you run check disk? What about a registry repair? The other thing I would do is, create new local administrator profile. Name it what ever you would like. See if the issues follow to the new profile or not. If they do, look at repairing the Windows 10 installation. If they do not follow, then simply your current profile is bad.

Back
Top Bottom