Windows 10 audio issue

ikonix360

Daemon Poster
I've got an issue with the audio in Windows 10 that just popped up within the last few days.

I use Voicemeeter Banana to replace the Windows volume mixer.

I use an M-Audio Delta Pro 192 sound card.

Sometimes when watching a youtube video or playing a game the audio and video speed up and the only way to get it back right is to restart the computer.

So far that hasn't worked tonight.

I run the sample rate at 24 bit 192KHz which has always been fine until a few days ago.

I do know Windows updated so maybe there's a bad update.

Any idea what the issue is?

Also.

I never thought Microsoft could make the Windows troubleshooter any more useless than it was, but they managed to do so as I tried that and it was even more useless than it used to be.

It's a voicemeeter issue as I could set the default in Windows as the sound card itself and the audio is fine. Just checked the website and downloaded then installed the latest Voicemeeter version. Hopefully that fixes it as I MUST have that program as I need the audio to go to both my gaming headset and over the HDMI for a capture card on another computer and Windows Audio mixer won't do that.

EDIT:

Problem solved.

Must have screwed up when I had several crashes while getting overclocking set up right a few days ago.

Last edited:
An additional issue I've had for a long time is when playing audio there will sometimes be very brief dropouts or skips (not sure what it's called) in the music.

Still have the issue of audio and video being sped up sometimes.

Here's an MP3 file of the problem.

Probably an issue with Voicemeeter Banana, but it only happened I believe after a recent Windows update.

Attachments

• 1 audio problem.zip
    215.4 KB · Views: 3
Initially I uninstalled Voicemeeter Banana and the problem cleared up.

Doing a google search showed that the recent Windows update changed the way timers are done which can affect some programs.

I think that may be affecting Voicemeeter.

Hopefully soon the programmer will have a new version to patch that issue.

Back
Top Bottom