Windows 10 audio issue

Haven't had a chance to try it yet. Been very busy.

But if the time in CMOS is always right never runs fast and I never lose BIOS settings would it be the battery?

Probably a good idea if I changed it anyways given the PC was made in 2010 and I don't know if the battery has ever been changed.

Unless it fully loses power the settings will still be there. If you have a power outage then you lose them. The HTPC in my living room needs a new CMOS battery but I keep forgetting to pick one up for it.

Well I thought the latest Windows update fixed the issue after I restarted and audio played fine, but upon shut down and booting up, I have the same problem.

See this is what happens when someone at Microsoft decides on a whim they feel something should be changed even though it's worked just fine for years and there was no legit reason to change it.

I don't know if the other Windows 10 PC has the problem as I only use it for streaming and audio is fed to it VIA a HDMI capture card.

EDIT:

Found a program to look at the timer and apparently that's either not it or the program isn't right.

I find it very odd how the problem appears when I boot the PC up then when I shut down or restart it goes away then upon the next reboot or restart the problem is back.

Last edited:
looks like someone at VB forums states this:
The problem seems to come from the driver installation procedure not using the driver Hardware ID as unique identifier in the installation process, and consequently merge driver properties and pins with possible previous installed drivers (it seems USB devices are not impacted).

It is possible the problem comes from VISTA and possibly also present on WIN7 (this is why we ask to our users to REBOOT after installation and REBOOT after de-installation - to let the system finalize the process correctly) but with WIN10 automatic update, where all audio drivers can be re-installed at once, the consequences are just a complete mess in the audio stack.
You might want to check out the thread that approaches this driver issue with using Windows 10 and VB
https://forum.vb-audio.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=442&sid=8e184e7f1e00d8b1c7248fb5d4bfdf8f

Not sure that's my problem as it worked fine on Windows 10 for at least 2 years then all the sudden after a Windows update it started messing up.

Back
Top Bottom