Window 10 Settings Icon Won't Launch

AlphaByte

Beta member
Hi All!

I have a virus on my computer and in order to reinstall Windows 10 you need to get to recovery in the Settings menu in Start Up. I click it and it won't launch.

Is there a shortcut to get to the reinstall Windows 10 recovery section or another way to get there?

Getting to the safemode part won't work either.

Thanks!

It's hardly a virus. Do not believe. You just have damaged Windows files or settings, but here are some options to open settings panel (they works, but I do not think they will help You).
You should, however, try to fix Windows files, or if repairing fails, the Windows Recovery rarely helps, usually these files are also damaged. It is necessary to make a clean new installation, download original Windows ISO and make DVD or USB and reinstal. Before is recommended to backup Your files and important data.
1. the simplest is to press WinKey + R => write in box ms-settings:recovery => press Enter or OK
2. the same using cmd.exe (Command Promt - not needed as Administrator) if openes, copy-paste command start ms-settings:recovery =>ENTER
3. the same using PoweShell => open Windows PowerShell => copy-paste this command Start-Process "ms-settings:recovery" => ENTER

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom