win98 isntalation problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

kernel89

Solid State Member
I am basically at the end of the windows 98 installation the part where it is setting up the hardware to find any plug and play devices that may be installed.

At that point the PC just freezes, the little magnifier glass animation stops, and when I press the num lock key on the keyboard, the NumLock key light doenst change. So I suppose it is frozen.

So is there anyway to bypass that step or anyways to stop it from freezing?

Please help

Thanks in advance

Hmmm, I was able to bypass it by removing the win98 CD, then, it froze again, but I click on some random area and I came back to life. Though I now fear the problems I may get for removing the CD and bypassing the plug and play device analyser.

Microsoft_Boy said:
why are u installing win98

Oh, that is because, I have a old 266Mhz pc, that I would like to update a bit, if you know what I mean.

Right on the screen when it is doing the device install process it says it may stop responding don't eject the cd just follow the instuctions on the screen. It says to restart the PC If it stop's responding. But dude like everyone else is telling you 98 is pure crap, Acuire yourself a copy of Window's 2000, Much better and only requires 32mb of ram to install, But of course If you want to do anything with this then 128mb should be the min.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom