Win X help

biferi

Daemon Poster
I am useing a program called WinX DVD Ripper

It take video from DVDs and it converts the VOB Files to AVi or MPEG-2

When I click on to convert to MPEG-2 it has a Default Bit Rate of 15000 kbps

Now you can type any Bit Rate you would like.

If I do not want to loss any Video quality sould I put a Higher Bit Rate and what sould it be.???

Disck Space is No Problem???

PS the videos are from DVDs I got from a store the Simpsons TV Show

Yeah, that's pretty much how it goes. Higher bitrate, higher quality, bigger file. Lower bitrate = lower quality = smaller file

This being said, If it was me I'd leave it at the default bitrate so its an alright size and pretty good quality still, if its worse quality than you'r looking for, just bump up the bitrate and re-rip the DVD.

Best of luck.

Well what I ment was this?

I know even MPEG-2 is going to compress the video when it converts it from the VOB File.

But I also know that MPEG-2 is going to be the best for VOB to be converted into because it is an MPEG-2 format on DVDs.

But what Bit Rate is going to give me the Least Compreson???

It has 15000 kbps by Default but sould I use something higher for now compreson???
Thanks for the help

Calculate the original bitrate with a bitrate calulator and set your transcoder to the same bitrate as the original.

You should also be able to drag and drop a video file to GSpot have it tell you the video bitrate.

Well I click on the Tab that says convert to MPEG-2
And like I say it has 15000 Bit Rate as Default.

I can leave it as is and it will also let me go very very High I can type whatever Bit Rate I want.

These DVDs I got from a store and you can not copy Files they look distorded.

But this program does a good job of converting them.

So I just wanted to know is I want a realy good MPEG-2 video from a VOB File sould I bring the Bit Rate Higher and to what number???

You should match the bit rate of the original .VOB file. You can calculate the bit rate using the links I posted above.

Back
Top Bottom