Win 7 perpetual loop

rocketpants

Baseband Member
from a Google search in know quite a few people have had this problem with the System repair. wondering what I can put into the command prompt to simply wipe the operating system & save me buying a new hard drive ..
X:\windows\system32> thats what I get & cannot alter it, what can ifollow it with to format the drive ?? , ive tried everything else, nothing works .. Thanks in advance ..

Windows has a built in self defense mechanism that will not allow you to wipe the drive from any program or command while the operating system is live.
However get the brand name off the drive and get the diagnostic software which should include a formatting program. Set it on a disc or thumb drive and go from there.

Have you tried Gparted? Is is a free live CD you boot from that will allow you to wipe the drive and re-partition it. Darn handy thing to have around.

The win install disk should be able to do the same thing. You can even boot from a flash drive and get it to work.
@TrotterTech: I love the software, but I have had some huge issues with it. Of course that was with resizing a partition and I am not sure how many others have this problem, but it has caused huge issues with me. I would recommend the install disk for the OS before recommending alternative software.

Back
Top Bottom