Win 7 "Analog Power Saving Mode" at Login Screen

Drakulos

Beta member
Hi there,

My problem started occurring shortly after i started to use a friend's projector with my computer.

My Current Config.

Dual Os Linux Mint 13 (grub version 1.99) / Win 7 x64
AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 5200+ 2.71GHz
2GB Ram
Nvidia GeForce 6800 GS 256MB
LG FLATRON Wide 19"

Now, I am able to boot into Linux and Windows7 SAFE MODE without a problem, however when i try to boot into Win7 NORMAL MODE my monitor works up until i get to the login screen (i hear the login screen sound) but then hits me with "Analog Power Saving Mode" and switches off (blue light on monitor turns orange). At this point i am still able to type in my password (blindly) and log in to windows (i know this thanks to the login sound) but cannot do anything to revive my monitor.

As this problem doesn't occur when using the projector (SANYO Pro-X) i am led to believe that there is an issue with the projector affecting the resolution / refresh rate settings and those washing over to the monitor.
Note that i am only able to connect one device (monitor or projector) at a time.

If anyone has any familiarity with this issue or knows of a solution please let me (and the TF general public) know.

Thanks in advance! =)

Drakulos

it sounds like your screen settings are wrong and its trying to send an output to the projector. Can you take a screen shot of your screen settings when the projector is plugged in and post it here for review?

On starting up, Press F8 to get to the advanced boot menu. Select the VGA boot option and it should reset your resolution and display settings so that you can get passed the login screen and set the correct resolution for your monitor.

"it sounds like your screen settings are wrong and its trying to send an output to the projector. Can you take a screen shot of your screen settings when the projector is plugged in and post it here for review?"

Afraid not, after lending the projector to my brother over the weekend it appears that the globe inside it has finally given out =S
Is there any way to revert the settings (possibly in safe mode) without buying a new globe and using the projector to log on?

On starting up, Press F8 to get to the advanced boot menu. Select the VGA boot option and it should reset your resolution and display settings so that you can get passed the login screen and set the correct resolution for your monitor.

I read something like this on another forum and tried to find "VGA boot option" in the list of options in advanced menu but didn't find one... perhaps it would be called something else due to different motherboard/bios version? ill log onto my computer this afternoon (as I'm on my way to work) and list all possible options in Advanced Boot Menu.

Thanks again.

It doesn't vary between BIOS. It's a boot menu controlled by Windodws, so it depends on what version of Windows you have.

It might be the entry called "Enable low resolution video (640x480)".

you could always boot up in safe mode and just uninstall the graphics card drivers, and maybe delete the display adapter from device manager
Then reboot the computer
This should set it back to the basic default settings and allow you to install the drivers again and set the resolution

you could always boot up in safe mode and just uninstall the graphics card drivers, and maybe delete the display adapter from device manager
Then reboot the computer
This should set it back to the basic default settings and allow you to install the drivers again and set the resolution

This is pretty much what Low Resolution / VGA mode does.

Back
Top Bottom