Win 2003 Server on a USB only desktop?

ghaleon23

Solid State Member
The tech guy before me purchased a Dell 5150 with only USB ports on it, no ps2 and to boot its stuck on Win xp home. I'm going to take out that harddrive and install win 2003 server on another machine (with a ps2) and then put that harddrive back into the Dell5150...now before I go through all the trouble, will Win 2003 server recognize USB keyboards and mice? Thanks!

Uh, I only have a USB mouse and keyboard on my computer, and I can change options (like BIOS settings, boot sequence, all of those things you press keys to access (like F8 and Delete) before the Windows XP screen) with no problem at all... If I read your post right, you should just be able to use those and not have to move it to another PC.

I would love not to exchange the Harddrives but I can't even use the ddamn USB keyboard in windows setup. There is no USB legacy option in the bios either.

Um..it must have some sort of feature, because if it didn't come with PS2 ports, how are you supposed to reformat + stuff..

This will sound stupid, but check to see if they're are any PS2 ports on the inside somewhere. DELL did some small form factor computers, and to save space, and to make it look better, they put a load of ports on the inside.

Nah I stripped it down and no ps2 ports...and I'm pretty sure there are no PS2 PCI cards around.

You can get USB to PS2 adapters, but that would all go down to USB. Maybe you should ring DELL, ask what to do.

Back
Top Bottom