Will XBOX play PS1 & PS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeritasAequitas

Solid State Member
I have heard some people say that an emulator patch will be available for the XBOX so you can play PSone and PS2 games on it is this posible?

I have heard some people say that an emulator patch will be available for the XBOX so you can play PSone and PS2 games on it is this posible?

Yeah it would be sweet. see i work at a retail store and the XBOX rep said that when the internet package is available for it with an additional HD you will be able to download the patches just like an emulator on a pc. but i didn't know if they were crapping on or what
Thanks anyway Chopper! :D

Yeah it would be sweet. see i work at a retail store and the XBOX rep said that when the internet package is available for it with an additional HD you will be able to download the patches just like an emulator on a pc. but i didn't know if they were crapping on or what
Thanks anyway Chopper! :D

yea

well i know that there is a internet connection device out and you can downlaod things but im not untirely sure what you can download and what you cannot. I have personnaly played Halo on the net.

yea

well i know that there is a internet connection device out and you can downlaod things but im not untirely sure what you can download and what you cannot. I have personnaly played Halo on the net.

I don't know where a rumour like this might have started but I find it impossible to believe. The XBOX dvd-rom is specially made for microsoft and can hold more gb than a regular ( or for that fact a PS2) dvd. Also the format is 100% different as opposed to the dc playing psx games. I would like to be wrong in some sense but i already own a PS2, GC, and an XBOX so it really wouldn't matter. Another thing to consider is legal rights. bleem was lucky enuogh to release its original form, but who ever is trying to release a PS emulator has to take on Microsoft who (don't forget) stopped the lawsuit that almost made them split. think about it..........

A PS2 emulator for the X-Box is impossible.. well, not impossible, but it would be completely unplayable.. Sure, the Box's hardware is way better than the PS2's, but it doesn't have enough of a lead to make PS2 emulation worthwhile.. you wouldn't see the framerates go past 5...

Once linux is up and running on the box, I wouldn't be surprised if a PS1 emulator came out.. but don't hold your breath..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom