Will This CPU run wow smoothly

nyko02

Baseband Member
Ok i was just wondering if this computer would run world of warcraft smoothly. i was thinking of adding 512 or 1gig when i get more money so here it is please give me some opinions thanks guys Computer

Although Right now i have Dell - Intel Pentium 4 1500mhz , 20gb hd , 768mb memory , ATI Radeon 9550 256mb. and it runs wow pretty smooth

Never used that vid card before, but I'm guessing that it will run wow fine. Just use low/medium graphics and it should run smooth.

sure it would. but why wuld u need to upgrade?

well, the processor is a lot lot better, so yeah, it would run it smooth. just add the video card and ram

joepic said:
sure it would. but why wuld u need to upgrade?

well, the processor is a lot lot better, so yeah, it would run it smooth. just add the video card and ram

I agree. Even though the integrated video card supports up to 256MB shared memory, upgrade to a PCI-Ex video card (yes, your computer will support it). And as for the RAM, have at the very least, 1 Gig, preferrably along the lines of 1.5 Gig.

It may run it on low settings, but I thought you meant high sorry.

jervin - that would mean opening up the PC and installing a new card, and voiding the warranty in the process.

WoW, if I remember correctly, needs 1GB of RAM at least to run smoothly.

And jervin, memory on that card will not give much help as the core will lag way behind the memory, even if the memory is only DDR

nyko02 said:
Ok i was just wondering if this computer would run world of warcraft smoothly. i was thinking of adding 512 or 1gig when i get more money so here it is please give me some opinions thanks guys Computer

That computer would run WoW horribly, heres why:
It has one of those horrible 6100 somethin cards that use shared memory... 256 shared right off of your main.. and considering how the system it's self only has 512, you'd be cutting what little you have in half.

WoW is very demanding in terms of memory, having anything less than a gig can cause some performance problems.

So to sum it up: No, that computer will run WoW horribly, your current comptuer would run it better.

yeah, just upgrade the processor in your current computer if you're gona spend the money, or save up more for sometihng better

Back
Top Bottom