will these componets work? (rig i want to build)

Ahyoka

Daemon Poster
this is my first time building a pc and i've put together a loose list of parts i'd like to use but i want to know if they would work. and it'd be a few months before i'd have enough money to build it. here is what i was thinking of building...

Case:
Lian-Li PC-65B Plus II - Black

Operating System:
Windows Vista Home Premium

Motherboard:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce SPP 100 ATX AMD Motherboard

Processor:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Manchester 2.0GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor

Heatsink:
Thermaltake Big Typhoon VX CL-P0310

Memory:
OCZ Performance 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

Power Supply:
Antec Phantom 500

Video Card:
Radeon® X1650 Pro 512MB AGP

Sound Card:
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4

CD/DVD Burner:
LITE-ON Combo Black IDE Model LH-52C1P-187

Hard Drive:
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache

Network Card:
LINKSYS EG1032 10/100/1000Mbps PCI Network Adapter 1 x RJ45

i also thought about throwing in a floppy drive (for a rescue disk or whatever), a dial up modem card and a Chameleon LED Control Panel :cool:

Can i ask why ur going with socket 939? AM2 allows DDR2 useage, 939 doesnt. They are also phasing out 939s now, no more are being made so really ur buying into old technology. AM2 if ur an AMD person is the way to go, and if im not mistaken about the same price?

ahhh ok! thanks for telling me....i didnt know that! thanks man =)

so i suppose i need to find a new motherboard/processor/AM2 Socket compatible components then right?

The only thing you'll need to change is your processor, RAM, and mobo. For the Mobo, get something that supports ddr2-800 RAM, and for the RAM, get DDR2-800 RAM (duh). THe processor, you can probably get a similar/ the same thing as your old one in the AM2 socket.

get core 2 duo, they own AMD right now.
And why are you getting another ethernet port?

As much as im an AMD fan, i have to agree, Core 2 r much better than what AMD have to offer at the moment.

also your video card is agp you need a pci-e slot on you motherboard trust me. go with a pci-e video card :D

Taylor said:
get core 2 duo, they own AMD right now.
And why are you getting another ethernet port?

i feel realllllly noobish saying this but i had a blonde moment and forgot the mobo came with a ethernet port :p

and yeah Intels Core 2 Duo does look better than AMD's Athlon 64 X2. i was looking at this one, looked pretty good for the money Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 Conroe 1.86GHz 2M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor

what brand/model mobo would yall recommend?

dude even that e6300 is an amazing processor...and it would most likely take ne game out there today...if you want to futureproof yourself....get a e6600

also dude if i were you i would wait about 1 month to build my computer...first off most of the lower end 8000 series cards from nvidia will come out with directx10 support which would be much better to be looking at so you wont be behind..also you just need ddr2 533 memory with a core 2 duo which will match 1:1 fsb's or you could overclock if you want

first off what is your budget?

core 2 duo e6600 4mb l2cache (more then the 6300and6400) $330
motherboard with ...pcix16...and socket lga775
ddr2 533 2x1gb!

and you should be set man!

Back
Top Bottom