Will Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, 7 pounds worth watching? I've never seen it, heard a quick synopsis from family, and it sounded (comparing it to another drama he starred in) more intense than the pursuit of happiness. also, Wild Wild West anyone?

You guys that say I Am Legend was really good, did you read the book? The people I know who saw I Am Legend read the book beforehand and were kinda let down...
Same can be said of anyone who reads the book before seeing the movie. Ask anyone who read DiVinci Code then saw the movie. I can vouch for Jurassic Park. the book was 100x better. It is always the same. You can have a book be 300 or more pages but a movie that goes for almost 3 hours or more will start to loss the crowd.

Yes there are a few exceptions. LotR, Harry Potter and a few others are great movies. But even anyone who has read those books will tell you that the movies leave out a lot as well.

So comparing a book to a movie is dumb. If you go in expecting the movie to be like the book of course you will be let down.
Blasphemy. Best show evar!

Sorry i didnt like Fresh Prince and Jazzy Jeff. I liked some of the show, but not what i would call a favorite. :p

You guys that say I Am Legend was really good, did you read the book? The people I know who saw I Am Legend read the book beforehand and were kinda let down...

Yep did you read the old one of the modernised reprint for the current film? I have read the old one and found it really really facinating and ground breaking for it's day much like starship troopers was when it was first wrote.

Same can be said of anyone who reads the book before seeing the movie. Ask anyone who read DiVinci Code then saw the movie. I can vouch for Jurassic Park. the book was 100x better. It is always the same. You can have a book be 300 or more pages but a movie that goes for almost 3 hours or more will start to loss the crowd.

Yes there are a few exceptions. LotR, Harry Potter and a few others are great movies. But even anyone who has read those books will tell you that the movies leave out a lot as well.

Yeah, I understand... typically books are better than movies... but I remember hearing the differences of I Am Legend book vs movie, and there was something in the book that clearly should have been in the movie and it wasn't. I just remember hearing a lot of people were like, what, really? As if it was something obvious that should have been in but wasn't.

But I haven't read the book or seen the movie. It's just what I've heard so I really have nothing to offer in terms of an opinion.

you havent read the book or seen the movie? thats why its off topic, your opinions are actually worth more then anyone who thinks they have a "valid opinion"

PoH is a great movie. It reminds me of when comedy actors finally get serious, like Reign Over Me and Stranger Than Fiction. Two of my favorite movies now.

EDIT: Seven Pounds has a very odd concept, and you really don't understand what's going on very well until later on in the movie, but it's amazing.

Drew unless that was something really outstandingly zen I advise you to take that opinion and shove it up your arse hole.

Jayce if you want a copy of the orginal book please PM me as I have a scan of a 1st edition that is beyond copywrite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom