Will prices drop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapishorrid

Baseband Member
I recently started upgrading my build...just bought a gig of ram for it. I don't have the money for the rest (but I can use the ram in my current build) so I am waiting till around Christmas time to purchase the rest.

I will be buying:
eVGA 6800gt - $320
Amd Athlon 64 3200+ Venice - $190
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum - $110

My question is, will these prices go down by the time Christmas is here? Since I might be able to get the money for at least the mobo before then, is it worth waiting, or is the price going to stay? As of now I probably can't get the eVGA 6800gt, but if the price goes down to a little over $200 or less, it'll be fine. Will this be the case do you think? or not?

:confused:

The 6800GT going down $200 by christmas? Dream on. Maybe by Christmas next year, lol...maybe.

thats what i want to happen, because im buying my new pc around christmas. I think we might see a pritty big price drop with the release of Atis next gen cards. well atleast i hope

I'm estimating the 6800gt should drop 20-40 bucks by then. Because the X900 and 7800GT should be out by then.

uhh.. price drops are RIGHT AFTER christmas usually, lmao. But ya i would not expect more than 20-30$ less. 200$.. lmao, not even is 2 years will it be 200$ less..

The best idea is to save up money, and get money for christmas, then buy parts AFTER christmas when the prices drop.

That's what I was planning to do...after Christmas and possibly get one for Christmas. And as far as the price dropping I meant for the price to go down to a little over $200, not drop $200... :) I think that it's quite possible for it to go down to like $230 give or take, because if Nvidia launches the rest or at least some of the 7 series (Which I am sure they will because Christmas is a buying time) then the 6800gt's price should drop significantly. That's just my thoughts though..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom